Are you a recent college graduate or graduating soon and seeking to learn about leadership in a packaging solutions manufacturing environment?
From the beginning, Welch Packaging was created with the vision to make a difference in customers' business, associates' lives, and the community. We believe associate training and development is the foundation of our success. Our mission is to design and manufacture the Ultimate Corrugated Experience for our customer. Welch Packaging has a constant history of growth, since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career development with compensation for performance. Being a part of our team will give you opportunities into our community involvement with different philanthropy events.
Beginning your career at Welch Packaging is about OPPORTUNITY. We provide the opportunity, you provide the willingness to learn, engage in our business, and take advantage of the training & development opportunities we created to enable your success. Learning the components of the business helps entry-level individuals within the Early Career Professionals (ECP) Program grow in leadership and business acumen that builds a strong foundation for multiple roles across our organization. As a participant in the Welch Packaging Early Career Professional Program, candidates will have an opportunity for exposure in production, customer service, sales, quality, design, and other critical roles that support our mission: “To Provide The Ultimate Corrugated Experience”.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University with a focus (but not limited to) in Business, Packaging, Leadership, Management, and Marketing/Sales.
· Prior leadership or entrepreneurial experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Program model focuses on the following components:
Year 1: 3-6+ Months:
· All Early Career Talent candidates will get first hand exposure with our business by understanding the foundation that built the company today through a production rotation. This opportunity will provide training and development around key areas of Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
Year 1: 6-12+ Months:
· Following the Production Rotation, ECP candidates will be placed in an initial functional role with Welch. Aligned to both your career path interests and needs of the business. Each ECP will be provided with the opportunity to experience department rotations through (but not limited to) Operations/Supervision, Design/Estimating, Customer Service, and Sales.
Throughout your first two years you will participate in many training and development courses that will provide you the knowledge to be successful in your position. You will gain an understanding of our business along with your individual strengths and areas of interest.
In addition to a competitive salary, Welch offers competitive benefits package:
50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions
Up to $700 to your Health Savings Account
Emergency financial support
As a member of the Welch Packaging Early Career Professionals Program, you will have an opportunity to join a Company that is focused not only on our continued growth of the Company, but the continued growth of our employees.
Welch Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Welch Packaging
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States with nearly 1300 associates across 18 locations. Welch Packaging owns and operates Corrugated Converting Companies that Design, Sell, and Manufacture corrugated products for "local" customers. We practice Family Values and inspire our associates to Exceed Our Customer Expectations.
Welch hires individuals who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service, and a passion for success. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in our business, our customers' business, and the lives of others through their work.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University with a focus (but not limited to) in Packaging, Business, Leadership, Management, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Marketing/Sales. Graphic Communications, Communications and related
· Prior leadership or entrepreneurial experience a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States with over 1300 associates across 19 locations.Welch Packaging owns and operates Corrugated Converting Companies that Design, Sell, and Manufacture corrugated products for “local” customers. We practice Family Values and inspire our associates to Exceed Our Customer Expectations. Our Value Proposition is Quick, Reliable Service and Creative Packaging Solutions. Our Service Promise is 100% On Time Delivery, the Fastest Quotes in the Market, No Returns or Short Pays, and we are Easy to do Business With.Welch hires individuals who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service, and a passion for success. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in our business, our customers’ business, and the lives of others through their work.Welch CultureMissionWe Design, Manufacture, and Deliver Niche Corrugated Products and Packaging Solutions for Our “Local” Customer
Vision: To Make a Difference in:Our Customer's business, Our Associates’ l...ives. Our Communities
Core Values: We Believe In: 1. Entrepreneurial Spirit 2. Integrity/Trust 3. Grit/Results 4. Urgency/Initiative 5. Family